Educating the world about Reactive Attachment Disorder through experience, hope, humor and love.
(Warning: nothing here should be taken as medical advice)




Friday, August 5, 2011

Vacation Time!

Hooray! Today my youngest returns from a week-long trip visiting her auntie. I must say, it has been very quiet at home with her away and no RAD vs ODD competition for.. well.. whatever they compete over (which seems to be just about everything at times!). But as quiet as it has been, I’m excited to have her return. Next week is RADs turn to be gone so we should enjoy another week of relative quiet before school starts. Of course, this being the final week of summer before school starts up again, I am off to spend it in the mountains (RAD doesn’t like camping which is why she’s going to grandmas) where I can recharge. All parents need to recharge from time to time – that IS why we have grandparents isn’t it? RAD parents are no different as you can see from the photos below:

Photobucket
A typical RAD parent at the beginning of the day



Photobucket
Typical RAD parent by the end of the day


So anyway, this will be my time to disconnect from technology and reconnect with nature so I this is going to be my last post until I return. Enjoy your summer wherever you are.

And enjoy your kids – this is the last time they will be this young.

No comments:

Post a Comment